This stir fry has saved me countless times. We are working parents with two very active kids who frequently also have busy days. Being able to make something easy and nutritious is important and also having time for everyone to catchup over dinner is a day well spent.
You can use any vegetables you like. In the recipe below the vegetables I included where what I had in my fridge at the time. The core ingredients are listed at the top. What you can vary are your vegetables.I use Hakubaku Organic Noodles here.
Weeknight Chicken Stir Fry
- 400g Chicken thigh fillets, skin off and sliced to size.
- 2 tspn olive oil
- 1 tbps sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tspn grated ginger
- 3 shallots chopped to desired shape
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp corn starch + 1/2 cup water
- hakubaku ramen noodles cooked as per instructions on packet
- 1 broccoli -florets trimmed and cut into 3 cm pieces
- 1 cauliflower – trim and cut into 3 cm pieces
- 3 shallots chopped
- 1 carrot sliced 1 cm pieces
- 1 zuchini sliced 1 cm pieces
- 1 bunch bok choy roughly chopped
1. Heat olive oil in pan, and cook chicken for 1 minute
2. Add garlic, shallots, ginger and mix well. Add broccoli , cauliflower, and carrots. Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Let it simmer and mix through. Add 1/2 cup water put lid on and let all the ingredients simmer for 3 minutes.
3. When vegetables are cooked to desired point ( you may need to add a little extra water depending on the type of vegetables you used.The bok choy and zucchini should be added last as bok choy would only take half a minute to cook, and zucchini about same.
4. I like to have some liquid in my stir fry and thicken using the corn flower. Mix through cooked noodles and serve.